Join Our Volunteer Family
Volunteers are such an integral part of our life-saving work at the Brant County SPCA.
Please consider joining our volunteer family by participating in one of the below opportunities.
These are the volunteer opportunities available at the Brant County SPCA:
- Adoptathons – This involves a high energy environment pet store setting where shelter animals are brought to meet the public and find new loving homes. Weekends are the key here and the volunteer must have excellent communication and customer service skills, their own transportation and the ability to handle different types of animals.
- Cat Buddies – This involves socializing and grooming cats and possibly other small pets that come into our care to ensure our shelter animals are happy and healthy. Volunteers should enjoy the company of cats both young and old as well as small animals and not suffer from cat or small pet allergies.
- Dog Walkers – This involves walking and socializing dogs that come into our care to ensure our shelter animals are happy and healthy. Volunteers should enjoy the company of dogs both young and old and possess the ability to walk and maintain control of the animal at all times.
- Events – This involves a variety of special events such as our Friends for Life Walkathon, Fore the Animals Charity Golf Tournament and Pet Pics with Santa. Volunteers must be high energy and creative, have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a flexible schedule.
- Foster Friends – This involves providing a temporary, nurturing home for shelter animals prior to adoption. This can vary between short and longer term stays depending on the animal’s needs. Volunteers who wish to become a Foster Friend are required to submit a foster application.
- Garden Maintenance/Lawn Care – This involves using a riding mower to cut the lawns at the shelter as well as trimming, weeding and mulching the many gardens we have on site. Volunteers should enjoy gardening and the great outdoors and not suffer from seasonal allergies.
- Read and Relax – This involves reading to the dogs in our care in a quiet setting in order to reduce our shelter animals degree of stress. Volunteer must be comfortable around dogs large and small and be available during regular shelter hours.
- Shelter Maintenance – This involves providing routine maintenance to the shelter buildings and fixtures. Volunteers must be a jack-of-all-trades who enjoy doing a variety of tasks and be able to provide their own tools for the job.
- Thrift Store – This involves helping staff and stock our SPCA Thrift Store located on Colborne St. Volunteers must have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as be available for pre-scheduled shifts.
Volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application, attend an orientation session and submit a current vulnerable police check dated within six months of application submission date.
Please contact the shelter directly to receive a Brant County SPCA Police Check Letterhead. When you provide this letter head to the police station you will receive your vulnerable sectors check for a reduced volunteer rate of $20.
All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
To download our Volunteer Brochure click here.
To download our Volunteer Application click here.
To download our Foster Family Application click here.
For additional information on volunteer opportunities please contact Alex Wolosinecky; Manager of Communications and Development at email@example.com